Telestream acquires CPC
- Computer Prompting & Captioning Co. (“CPC”) is the premier provider of file-based closed captioning software in the United States.
- CPC licenses its captioning software to television stations, post production firms, government agencies, educational institutions and other enterprises.
- CPC serves a diverse customer base that includes about 3,000 unique users with over 4,000 license seats and provides captioning and subtitling services.
- The company was founded in 1986 and was based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Telestream provides world-class live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions that allow consumers and businesses to transform video on the desktop and across the enterprise.
- Telestream partnered with global private equity fund, Thoma Bravo, on the acquisition.
- The company is based in Nevada City, California.
- The acquisition adds CPC’s award-winning products to Telestream’s offerings.
- Telestream’s transcoding, workflow automation, live streaming and web publishing products will all benefit from the addition of CPC’s technology and market leadership.
- Seabrook marketed CPC to a narrow group of major software companies seeking a closed captioning solution for their workflow automation.